- Develop and Lead the Procurement strategy of all indirect spends for FLP Multan Greenfield Capex with emphasis on identification of cost reduction opportunities, budget developments and procurement process improvements.
- Support the project team in Capital purchases of approx. $ 70 MM through source identification, arranging bids/quotations from multiple sources, supplier evaluation, selection & management, negotiating commercial / purchasing terms, Risk assessment & management, Managing Legal Contracts, Order generation, delivery coordination and timely invoice submission for payments, PCA approvals etc.
- Support Project team during the Complete Project Cycle and engage various types of vendors as per the project type, and ensure that all material/services are availed at most cost-effective rates through competitive bids.
- BOQ circulation to potential bidders and acquiring competitive quotes and performing all negotiation activities till the contract is finalized is covered in the scope.
- Lead supplier selection, negotiate and interpret contracts between the company and Capex suppliers.
- Lead Capex sourcing activities in coordination with operations and engineering to drive a competitive advantage for the company. Develop, coordinate and steer purchasing strategies for Capex.
- Demonstrate accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives. Integrate and support development of processes that meet business needs across the organization for specific commodity responsibility. This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise
- Ensure all contracts related to indirect procurement are in place in complete status and are updated/renewed regularly as per business needs. Also, to ensure that all the contracts are reviewed and vetted by all relevant stake-holders as per Schedule of Authority.
- Identify the opportunities to bring in productivity with regards to cost reduction / process efficiency, while contributing to the efficiency/profitability of Overall business. The saving productivity contribution towards the business shall be achieved as per given agreed GP targets.
- Lead all ‘imports’ related activities from placement of order, L/C creation till receiving of shipment and invoice clearances, for all OEMs and Global Suppliers, while ensuring all activities during the process are planned in order to avoid any delay and/or associated additional costs.
- Extend support cross-functionally in preparation of Operating Plans (AOP) and Strategic plans (Strat Plans). Monitor and manage FLP Multan Greenfield Indirect Costs to ensure that all purchases are made within budgetary requirements and agreed savings (productivity commitments) are realized.
- Close coordination with Regional/Global Procurement teams so that best practices and best sourcing strategies can be adopted, resulting in overall increased productivity in the process, in financial as well as performance terms.
- Ensure the P2P (Procure to Pay) process is strictly complied with for every transaction/step, and the process is reviewed / updated regularly as per Business guidelines while ensuring all related controls are in place. Also, to ensure 100% compliance to the Controls guidelines at all given times.
- Create cross functional synergy between different departments to support optimum decision making for the business and excellence in execution to add appropriate value to the business through championing the Change Management.
- Upgrade the purchasing function and its role players, including selection, training and development, to comply with world class purchasing standards.
- Leads and/or facilitates multi-functional teams as necessary to evaluate and complete projects. Leads the interaction with contractor/supplier candidates and incumbents for the solicitation and development of comprehensive and complete proposals.
- Works with relevant Plant and Project Teams and internal stakeholder groups to:
- Develop Project strategies
- Provide input into site strategies and priorities
- Implement sourcing processes that ensure delivery of the Project plans and Dept strategies.
- Performs economic analyses, modeling and financial evaluation. Implements total system cost concepts and analyses for strategic sourcing evaluation projects. Develops credible business cases by obtaining and evaluating relevant information.
- Maintains proficiency in and updates portions of enterprise information and knowledge repositories and processes (I.E. SAP). Provides assistance as needed for reporting, planning, budgeting and personnel development.
- Interacts closely with and assists stakeholders in the sourcing, evaluation and contracting. Facilitates the identification and development of proper contracting documents to manage risk.
- Understand ongoing site operational, transactional and supply management activities to ensure alignment with PepsiCo Project strategies.
- Validates and monitors price adjustments and communicates changes to the Project team and Operation team. Provides pricing forecast information as needed.
- Develops and maintains processes to monitor spend and sourcing activities for agreements assigned to and/or related to spend areas. Facilitates and assists in the development and management of key supplier relationships and performance for spend areas and specific contractors.
- Preparation of PCA in consultation with projects team and getting it approved from procurement committee as per SOA.
- Closely working with projects team in tracking all the foreign and local procurements
- Engineering/Business Graduate
- 4+ years of experience in Purchasing, Material Management, Contracts and Vendors Management
- Excellent communication, negotiation and people management skills.
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Limited Relocation
Job Type: Regular
Project Purchase Lead
18th May, 2018
25th May, 2018