Manager-Marketing and Communications - 6504
Marketing and Communications - Pakistan Lahore, Punjab
Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans aimed at promoting Nielsen brand (The Science Behind What’s Next ), values, services and solutions across external and internal audiences primarily in Pakistan and wherever needed, within the Arabian Peninsula & Pakistan (AP&P) cluster.
The ideal candidate will have experience in B2B marketing, excellent organizational skills, be results driven, and have superior attention to detail. This role reports to the MENAP Marketing & Communications Leader, while being accountable to the managing director of Nielsen’s entity in Pakistan.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Orchestrate marketing strategies across media, clients and associates to drive Nielsen’s commercial growth and differential within the specified markets, covering the entire spectrum which includes but not limited to events, client communication, thought leadership initiatives, media relations, internal communication and social media.
- Be a business partner to the Pakistani entity leader and the local leadership team in developing strategic and tactical marketing and communication strategies in supporting business objectives
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with industry peers and association networks across key publications/journalists to offer insights via press releases on reports and events, thought leadership content and commentary across business segments, primarily FMCG and retail businesses
- Leverages corporate center in adopting and applying best practices into the local market in driving corporate-wide marketing and communication initiatives
- Drafting and issuing internal announcements on top-level appointments and key organizational updates across the cluster
- Maintains budgetary reporting and accountability for local programs, ensuring focused and effective resource deployment that generates business impact
- Work alongside regional digital marketing champion to devise contemporary, digital and innovatory stakeholder outreach/channel mechanisms to drive forward Nielsen’s local commercial and associate agenda
- Work with stakeholders to ensure consistent messaging and coordinated efforts in developing end-to-end marketing and communication campaigns targeted to clients for thought leadership initiatives
- Lead the company’s in-market crisis and issues management capability; mobilizes and leads executive and functional teams as necessary to defend, promote and protect Nielsen’s reputation in local crisis situations
- Ensures timely and flawless execution of global, group and regional marketing and communication programs in market
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing and/or Communications
- Clear understanding of Marketing & PR, with a genuine enthusiasm for both fields
- 5-7 years of proven experience in cross-discipline in B2B environment, corporate and commercial communications
- Strong oral and communication skills - copywriting for press releases, promotional texts, business writing for emails, social media and content marketing (be prepared with some past written examples)
- Able to convert complex concepts into simple, clear and elegant content for
cross-channel consumption and understanding by Nielsen internal and external audiences.
- In-depth background and fluency in disruptive technology as we create Nielsen breakthroughs in stakeholder engagement and digital outreach
- Knowledge on local media landscape is a must. Proven track record in managing dialogue and journalistic interaction across national, business, and FMCG trade media
- Cosmopolitan: consistent, international responsibility and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Fluent written and spoken English
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Lahore,