- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences, or other relevant fields. Preferably, Masters in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations or related fields, or equivalent combination of experience, education and training
- Any other specific relevant qualification like certification etc.
- 2 years’ experience in the Digital/Online world.
- Excellent writing skills for online use, including the ability to produce clear, concise and accurate copy in accessible English. Attention to detail and the ability to deliver error free work are essential.
- Familiarity with Internet Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Analytics or web development is essential
- Excellent planning, communication and interpersonal skills, co-ordination and prioritization skills with a proven capacity to undertake varied tasks simultaneously within stringent deadlines.
- Demonstrable understanding of communications related work in the education sector – experience of writing for different audiences and for different formats (e.g. reports, news, website).
- Demonstrable understanding of media and communications, websites and electronic presentation media
- Proven record of teamwork and project management in previous roles
- S/he will be required to train under Digital Communications to lead campaigns and online video projects - (if the applicant does not have this skill) – and develop concepts to manage superior production of weekly videos to be published on social media.
- S/he must ensure timely, consistent and meaningful content generation and communication with the Digital Communications team, as well as its other clients.
- S/he will also be required to support University departments in pre, LIVE and post event coverage on social media and the website (including creating new/revamped web pages).
- S/he will be responsible for updating content on the website at times and/or creating new webpages with the help of the Web Team and other Digital Communication team members.
- S/he is responsible for creating and maintaining social media calendars on all platforms as the role grows. S/he will take the lead in managing social media campaigns once s/he proves they can handle the pressure.
- In the absence of a trained video producer, s/he is responsible for managing the Digital Library (photos and videos).
- S/he will be responsible for completing tasks assigned to them that fall within their mandate and support the department – research is stressed upon before launching any new campaign and/or angle to Digital Communications.
- Develop and implement an editorial schedule that keeps the website, Social Media and Multimedia (photography and videography) platforms fresh and engaging for external audiences, while maintaining the flexibility to respond to topical issues.
- Develop content for online communication material such as newsletters (if need be) and other online publications. Organize and maintain online newsletter mailing list database.
- Copy-editing and proofreading articles and other web content prior to publication, and ensuring all communications adhere to the project’s Style Guide.
- Lead/Provide support in meetings, seminars, workshops, events and follow ups for Digital Communications.
- Stay current with marketing trends and best practices – research is one of your best friends.
- Work with the Web Team and Digital Communications to ensure information architectures are maintained and reflective of the needs of the departments i.e. clients
- To establish and manage regular audits/reviews for all departmental web content, generate weekly analysis of all platforms
- Perform other duties
as assigned or requested.